Matt Gunter's Teaching Portfolio
- The classroom should be a safe place where everyone feels free to share their ideas and ask meaningful questions.
- Making mistakes is part of the learning process.
- Every student has something to contribute.
- The more fun you have, the easier it is to learn.
- Recognising or rewarding positive behaviour is more effective than punishing negative behaviour.
- Building positive and respectful relationships is vitally important.
- It is important to get to know the students. Everyone is an individual with different needs and effective ways of developing.
- Collaboration allows individuals to utilise the strengths and insights of other people.
- Uniqueness, individuality and creativity should be celebrated.
- Enjoy teaching. It's fun!